The Thomas S. Gunning Foundation has established a scholarship program to assist employees, immediate family members of employees or immediate family of BTEA members, who plan to pursue post-secondary education in college and vocational programs. Scholarships will be offered each year for full-time study at any accredited post-secondary institution of the student’s choice.
Applicants to the Thomas S. Gunning Foundation Scholarship Program must be:
- Members of BTEA, their employees, and their respective immediate family.
Immediate family is defined as self, spouse, or child. The child may be natural, legally adopted or a stepchild.
- High school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school.
Selection Of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, potential to succeed, leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, a statement of educational and career goals, and an outside appraisal.
Final selection of recipients is made by the BTEA Board of Trustees. Award recipients will be notified by September 1st. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
The Thomas S. Gunning Foundation reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.
All applications and associated materials are due no later than June 30th, 2018 and must be postmarked with that date or submitted electronically before then.
Questions regarding the scholarship program should be addressed to:
Thomas S. Gunning Foundation, Inc. Scholarship Program
100 Grossman Drive, Suite 300
Braintree, MA 02184
Telephone: (781) 849-3220
Fax: (781) 849-3223
Interested students can complete the application in two ways.
- Download the full application and mail it along with a current complete transcript of grades to BTEA postmarked no later than June 30, 2018.
- Complete the application online no later than June 30, 2018. This will require that they download the Applicant Evaluation Form and Certification Signature Page, complete them, and then upload them into the Online Form with an electronic copy of their transcripts. Do not begin the online form until these components are ready for upload. Transcripts can be sent to BTEA separately.
Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore, answer all questions as completely as possible. All information received is considered confidential.
1. Full Application
2. Applicant Evaluation Form (to be completed by instructor, counselor or work supervisor)
3. Certification Signature Page (signed by applicant)
Warning: Once you have begun your online application, it can not be submitted or saved unless it is totally completed. To use this option, please have the following files completed and ready to upload (all files must be no larger than 134 MB):
- Applicant Evaluation Form,
- and Educational Transcripts.
You can also choose to upload files with your Career Choices description and your Personal Experiences section.