- This event has passed.
May 23, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
This program is being held in collaboration with other union employer associations. For this full day workshop, companies are encouraged to send key field leaders and project managers who are leading project teams and have responsibility for project results.
This intensive one-day program focuses on understanding what it takes to achieve project excellence through understanding, implementing and leading best practices at the project and field leader level. For senior managers who took our Organizational Excellence course in March, this is a complementary course for project managers and field leaders to ensure they are on the same page.
It Starts with US
- Define a “good” project manager // “good” field supervisor // “good” project team
- Identify the keys to leading well
- Time management and Teamwork
- Ethics and integrity in PM
- Customer-focused construction
The Economics of Productivity
- Examine the factors that prevent us from being wholly productive
- Understand the impact of productivity on the bottom-line
- Understand how construction companies “keep score”
Best Practices that Drive Productivity
- Explain the benefits of identifying and using standard procedures derived from best practices
- Understand FMI’s Productivity Builder Best Practices
- Communicate standard procedures to project teams
- Establish a team culture in which best practices are embraced and leveraged
- The 10-steps to success