- This event has passed.
NARCAN Training with the Boston Public Health Commission
May 1, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Boston Public Health Commission, the country’s oldest health department, is an independent public agency providing a wide range of health services and programs. It is governed by a seven-member board of health appointed by the Mayor of Boston.
They will present a Narcan training educating attendees on overdose prevention. The training includes:
- Background information surrounding the opioid epidemic in Massachusetts and Boston
- Factors that increase an individual’s risk for overdose
- How to identify the signs and symptoms of overdose
- The protocol for responding to an overdose (including the Good Samaritan Law and administering nasal naloxone)
- How to access and obtain naloxone (Narcan)
- Referral to services for risk reduction and access to treatment