- This event has passed.
Organizational Excellence Seminar
March 26 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
*DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND THIS IS NOW WAIT LIST ONLY*
Join the Building Trades Employers Association, National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) – Greater Boston, and other union subcontractor associations for this joint seminar on how to cultivate strong organizational structures to maximize operational efficiency.
Led by nationally renowned construction consultants from FMI Corporation, this course is intended for organizational leaders whose responsibilities extend beyond project execution such as COOs, VPs of Operations, Directors of Operations, Operations Managers, and General Superintendents.
As business leaders, we are frequently called to wear many hats. Although we may not have specific people assigned to roles, there are critical functions that must be executed to drive excellence. This intensive one-day program focuses on understanding what it takes to achieve excellence through understanding, implementing and leading best practices at the organizational level.
Excellence in the New Operating Environment
- The changing construction environment and key trends
- FMI’s Five “C” Model
- Strategy and its role
- Capabilities and Competencies
The People Opportunity
- Creating a Talent Pipeline
- FMI’s Learning and Development Model
- Employee Engagement
Productivity and Financial Management
- Examine the factors that prevent us from being as productive as we could be
- Understand the impact of productivity on the bottom-line
- Understand how construction companies “keep score”
Best Practices that Drive Productivity
- Explain the benefits of identifying and using standard procedures derived from best practices
- Understand FMI’s Productivity Builder Best Practices
- Communicate standard procedures to project teams
- The role of leadership
- Obstacles to effective implementation
- FMI’s Targeted Change Model