- This event has passed.
Confined Spaces Training
December 18, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Confined spaces incidents aren’t the most common, but they can be the most deadly. As we have seen in numerous incidents throughout New England, confined spaces hazards tend to be misunderstood or underestimated. In addition, many confined spaces injuries or fatalities involve not one, but two, victims: the worker and the rescuer.
BTEA and Contractor’s Risk Management (CRM) are working together to offer this training to all our signatory contractors. Make sure your employees are up to date on the latest in confined spaces regulations and procedures!
The course covers:
- Key elements of the OSHA Permit-Required Confined Spaces Regulation
- Confined spaces concepts and terminology
- The difference between confined spaces and permit-required confined spaces
- How to identify and evaluate hazards: atmospheric, mechanical, chemical
Procedures for controlling hazards
- Proper protective equipment for confined spaces
- Duties of the entry supervisor, entrant, and attendant
- Procedures for self-rescue, non-entry rescue, entry rescue by company employees, and entry rescue by emergency responders
- Completing the entry process